The 1975: Live In Jakarta 2019: A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationship

by - October 18, 2019


Sunday, 29th of September.

THE DAY!!! I've bought the ticket since July, all I did was counting the days ever since, to see The 1975 perform. The highlight of this story is I went to this concert by my selffffffff 😏

So this is how the story began...


Picture 1: Beautiful neon set


On June, I heard a rumor that The 1975 will come back to Jakarta after their first performance at We The Fest 2016. I was super excited and instantly sought for informartion through their website, and reputable promotor in town but I found nothing. I don't want to be fooled by false news though, so I just waited for the confirmation. Until one day, The promotor who held this event posted a photo on their instagram and The 1975 announced of their Jakarta Dates, I bought the ticket without a second thought. 

Fast forward to the day, I honestly felt so uneasy because I went to the concert alone but to hell with that, all I cared about I was going to see Matty. Anyhow on that day, I was scrolling through the promotor's instagram to tune up with the venue updates. I read on the comment section that there's some people who's got no accompany, so I took an initiative to send a message to one of them, to be my concert mate. And luckily, we both agreed to meet in person at the venue.


Picture 2: On a long line to see them


Picture 3: The Bracelet


03:30 PM  I have arrived at the venue, it was not hard to find it because the promotor gave us such an informative explanation map. Ticket exchange was pretty simple, I showed them the barcode, they gave me the bracelet. The gate was open at 4:00 pm, but the queue was very long at that time. 

I texted my concert mate, our meeting point at Festival A Gate. She told me she's wearing Black Shirt and Floral Bucket Hat. But to tell you the truth, eighty percent people was wearing Black Shirt lol it's really hard to tell because we've never really met in person in real life. I was wearing yellow dress, it's gonna be easy for her to spotted me. Long story short, I saw a girl waving at me and that's where I know it was her, So I went to her. I thought this idea gonna be awkward but I was wrong. We get along really well. 


4:30 PM Entering the venue, queuing for 2 hours.

6:30 PM Entering the Festival-A

7:30 PM Opening act by Barasuara

8:30 PM THE 1975!!!

Picture 4: Notes On A Conditional Form - DEPTH

Picture 5: TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME

Picture 6: Love It We Made It

Picture 7: I Likes America and America Likes Me


The opening intro "The 1975" was the most awaited part, it gives goosebumps. It was my second experience of The 1975's concert but I should admit theirs is the best concert I've been to. The first time I knew about this band when I was listening to HNSCC song from Music For Cars EP back in 2013the song holds no lyrics but I fell in love with the music. Later I found out that HNSCC was a song for his Nana who've died caused by cancer. HNSCC stands for the type of the cancer, Head anNeck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. He's such a sweet kid, isn't he?

It wasn't Chocolate, Sex, You, Robbers, But HNSCC made me fall in love with him at the first time.

It all began with the black and white era, until they decided to neon color. It all began when Matty still wearing black leather jacket and skinhead haircut until he decided to wearing floral skirt and red lipstick. I've been there, and now still being a fan. 

A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationship Tour was beautiful, they brought 22 songs including Music For Cars, I Like It When You Sleep You're So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It, and Notes of A Conditional Form. 

It's such a mixed feelings and surreal. I find myself enjoy screaming "POISON ME DADDYY" and "KIDS DONT WANT RIFFLES THEY WANT SUPREME". Thank you The 1975, it was one of the greatest moment in my life. 

I record some videos here: prastihardita/the1975


Picture 8: Matty with grandma's skirt!! (photo credited by someone on instagram, not mine)


Picture 9: THE 1975 Jakarta Setlist by Meeeee

You May Also Like

0 comments